We live in an amazing world of constant information, sometimes it can get overwhelming. "Future Proof Shares" is a weekly series with the goal of selecting a few interesting pieces of media on money and medicine from around the Interwebs. They may be old or new but will always be new to me. This series is inspired by "The Sunday Best" by my fellow physician money blogger Physician on FIRE (PoF). Enjoy!
- Do you track your spending? I did for a brief period of time until I realized it was giving me anxiety. Here is the perspective from Half Banked - Everything I Learned From Tracking My Spending For a Year.
- I'm a big fan of Medscape's reports and surveys. Here is the 2016 Medscape Young Physicians (<40) Compensation Report. How do you stack up?
- Can you smell it? Politics is in the air! As we roll toward possibly the most interesting election in history, what are your thoughts on each candidate's health care policy? Dr. Manoj Jain shares with us in this KevinMD post - The big issue Trump and Clinton choose to ignore.
- I love learning about my fellow physician bloggers. Killing two birds with one stone today - check out my good friend Physician on Fire's latest Christopher Guest Post featuring Son of a Doctor.
- If you are a resident in training, moonlighting is bound to be a topic you care about. Within the specialty of Radiology, 84% of programs offer some form of moonlighting. Life of A Med Student offers his perspective in this post - Moonlighting: The Cash Cow I Can’t Wait to Quit!
Curbside Real Estate is a concierge brokerage that specializes in connecting physicians, many of whom have recently completed their residency programs or fellowships, with the best home loan program for them and a carefully-vetted real estate agent, effectively eliminating the guesswork and frustration commonly associated with buying a home. The mission of Curbside Real Estate is twofold. Its primary mission is to allow physicians to focus more on their profession and families, and less on the stresses of buying a home, by streamlining the process. Its secondary mission is to give back by creating homes for underprivileged children.