We live in an amazing world of constant information, sometimes it can get overwhelming. "Future Proof Shares" is a weekly series with the goal of selecting a few interesting pieces of media on money and medicine from around the Interwebs. They may be old or new but will always be new to me. This series is inspired by "The Sunday Best" by my fellow physician money blogger Physician on FIRE (PoF). Enjoy!
- The first presidential debate between Hillary and Trump went down as the most watched in history. Did you pick up all the economic terms being tossed around? What the heck is "carried interest"? Check out NPR Planet Money's post-debate special - Terms of the Debate.
- In light of the latest round of bad news for the struggling internet giant Yahoo, here is a short read from Consumer Reports - 10-Minute Digital Privacy Tuneup.
- It's hard to argue against the fact that we as physicians are a privileged bunch in society. But do you sometimes get the feeling that the average person thinks you make too much money? Dr. Neil Baum shows those people why they're wrong is this KevinMD post - If doctors wanted to be wealthy, they would have become UPS truck drivers.
- Physician on Fire has been a great friend and ally in my journey against white coat financial ignorance. Interested in learning more about the blogging anesthesiologist? Check out Financial Heroes: PoF #1 Champion for Physicians Seeking F.I.R.E., courtesy of Dr. Wisemoney.
- We often dismiss drug seekers, or ridicule them for the length they would go to get their fix. ZDoggMD reminds us that addiction is a condition that also deserves our attention as healthcare providers...