We live in an amazing world of constant information, sometimes it can get overwhelming. "Future Proof Shares" is a weekly series with the goal of selecting a few interesting pieces of media on money and medicine from around the Interwebs. They may be old or new but will always be new to me. This series is inspired by "The Sunday Best" by my fellow physician money blogger Physician on FIRE (PoF). Enjoy!
- With all the police profiling talk going around in this election season, it's easy to become an outsider looking in. Let's remind ourselves that we are also susceptible to racial bias. Dr. Maiysha Clairborne explains via this KevinMD post - Racial bias in the physician community.
- Physician's Money Digest offers a wealth of articles for physicians interested in getting a better grasp on their finances. Check out Passive Income MD's latest gem 5 Key Characteristics of Physicians Well-Prepared for Retirement. How many of these characteristics do you share?
- It's easy to pay a fair price, but how do you know you're getting good advice? Johanna Fox Turner of Fox & Company shares her thoughts via this White Coat Investor guest post - How To Find a Great CPA, including a great list of questions you should ask your CPA.
- Have you heard of Docs Outside the Box? It's a fantastic podcast by Dr. Nii Darko featuring physicians who excels in an area outside of medicine ("Outside the Box"). Here is an oldie but goodie featuring one of my personal heroes - Get a fair shake on Wall Street with the White Coat Investor.
- As I sit down to type my thrice weekly posts on FPMD, I often find myself a little anxious - anxious because I'm not studying for radiology, or preparation my fellowship applications. If you also feel like sometimes you're being pulled in too many directions, check out this great article by Joe Robinson in the Entrepreneur - The Secret to Increased Productivity: Taking Time Off.
Since 1993, Set For Life Insurance has been a national leader in helping thousands of physicians with their disability insurance needs. They have the largest portfolio of available exclusive discounts in the country. Set for Life also has the largest availability of unisex rates nationwide helping women save significantly. As independent brokers, they shop around and help compare plans to find the most suitable policy at the best available price. Jamie Fleischner, President of Set for Life, is known for her responsive, knowledgeable, and down to earth manner when working with her clients.