We live in an amazing world of constant information, sometimes it can get overwhelming. "Future Proof Shares" is a weekly series with the goal of selecting a few interesting pieces of media on money and medicine from around the Interwebs. They may be old or new but will always be new to me. This series is inspired by "The Sunday Best" by my fellow physician money blogger Physician on FIRE (PoF). Enjoy!
- Do you ever feel like there's not enough hours in the day? I often find myself wondering "Where did the time go?!" Passive Income MD has some advice - A Productivity Hack That Just Might Change Your Life.
- Pensions are like pandas these days - which is to say rare. But if you are in the lucky scenario where a pension is available, here are some tips from Senior Resident - How to Value a Pension.
- Doctors and lawyers are the societal prototypes for high income professionals, but perception and truth may be far apart. Having paid off $87k in 2.5 years, Financial Panther is not your average millennial lawyer. But he does have some thoughts on Why Your Average Lawyer Can’t Pay Their Student Loans.
- Did you know that back in 1976, only 25% of US Dollars in circulation were in $100 denominations? Today? 80%! Which means you and I should each have about 35-36 Benjamins in our wallets. Here's an interesting listen from the guys behind Freakonomics - Why Are We Still Using Cash?
- John Oliver is back and this time he's swinging at Wells Fargo - twice! Take a look below:
Since 1993, Set For Life Insurance has been a national leader in helping thousands of physicians with their disability insurance needs. They have the largest portfolio of available exclusive discounts in the country. Set for Life also has the largest availability of unisex rates nationwide helping women save significantly. As independent brokers, they shop around and help compare plans to find the most suitable policy at the best available price. Jamie Fleischner, President of Set for Life, is known for her responsive, knowledgeable, and down to earth manner when working with her clients.