We live in an amazing world of constant information, sometimes it can get overwhelming. "Future Proof Shares" is a weekly series with the goal of selecting a few interesting pieces of media on money and medicine from around the Interwebs. They may be old or new but will always be new to me. This series is inspired by "The Sunday Best" by my fellow physician money blogger Physician on FIRE (PoF). Enjoy!
- As a radiology resident myself, I'm always interested in learning more about how life is for my peers across the country. Here are 41 statistics on medical resident benefits & salary — insurance, vacation days and more. Courtesy of Becker's Hospital Review.
- Being a doctor is a privilege - we get to help patients and get paid well doing it. But have you considered the scary side of medicine? Physician on Fire returns to Future Proof Shares with a Halloween special - Boo! Being a Physician Can Be Downright Scary.
- You will have days when you feel like nothing's going right and the world is against you. Dr. Wise Money reminds you that you are in fact, tougher than you think. Check out 3 Things Society Doesn’t Know About Doctors. Here is a quote I will remember - "What we have gone through to complete medical school is nothing short of epic."
- For those of us still in residency, that first attending paycheck is something we all look forward to. Here is what InvestingDoc did with his first "real" check - It’s Payday At Last. What are you going to do with yours?
- I'm a big fan of ZDoggMD - mostly for hilarious YouTube videos like this one. Today I want to highlight a more serious side of ZDoggMD as he sits down for a Q&A with my good friend and fellow physician money blogger Passive Income MD - How YouTube Is Helping Me Change Healthcare as We Know It.
LeverageRx is an online financial marketplace for physicians, dentists and other medical professionals looking for personal financial help. The platform offers unbiased reviews and comparisons of products and services relevant to medical professionals including physician mortgage loans, physician contract review, physician disability insurance, life insurance for physicians, physician student loan refinancing, physician relocation services and medical practice loans. To ask a financial question and get qualified advice from experts across the country, visit LeverageRx.