We live in an amazing world of constant information, sometimes it can get overwhelming. "Future Proof Shares" is a weekly series with the goal of selecting a few interesting pieces of media on money and medicine from around the Interwebs. They may be old or new but will always be new to me. This series is inspired by "The Sunday Best" by my fellow physician money blogger Physician on FIRE (PoF). Enjoy!
- Have you ever been late to a meeting? I have and I remember feeling horrible. Dr. John Jurica of The Vital Physician Executive explains in this brief post How Being Early Builds Success. I suggest you do the same with investing - see Why You Should Start Saving - Yesterday!
- Of all physician money bloggers, the White Coat Investor is without question the most recognizable name. Here are 25 Pearls About The Financial Life of Physicians straight from the good doctor himself.
- No matter your political leaning, the outcome of the 2016 US presidential election likely came as a surprise. A lot of words have been written about what lies ahead for President Trump and the US economy, here is a brief but informative take from NPR Planet Money - Episode 735: President Trump.
- In case it's not abundantly clear - I'm a type A person. I like to dig, research and buy the "best" whenever I need to make a purchase - yes I am an occasional sufferer of analysis paralysis. I recently stumbled onto this great piece by Mrs. Frugalwoods and I'm thankful I did - check out The Sneaky Way That Frugality Fixes Paralysis By Analysis.
- If you haven't read The Millionaire Next Door, you should! One of the stories that stuck with me from that book involved a Texas businessman who didn't quite look the part to his British partners - "I don't own big hats, but I have a lot of cattle." The point is that the rich don't always act "rich". Here is what Physician on Fire has to say about "small hat, all cattle" - Stealth Wealth: I’m Just an Ordinary Average Guy.
Curbside Real Estate is a concierge brokerage that specializes in connecting physicians, many of whom have recently completed their residency programs or fellowships, with the best home loan program for them and a carefully-vetted real estate agent, effectively eliminating the guesswork and frustration commonly associated with buying a home. The mission of Curbside Real Estate is twofold. Its primary mission is to allow physicians to focus more on their profession and families, and less on the stresses of buying a home, by streamlining the process. Its secondary mission is to give back by creating homes for underprivileged children.