We live in an amazing world of constant information, sometimes it can get overwhelming. "Future Proof Shares" is a weekly series with the goal of selecting a few interesting pieces of media on money and medicine from around the Interwebs. They may be old or new but will always be new to me. This series is inspired by "The Sunday Best" by my fellow physician money blogger Physician on FIRE (PoF). Enjoy!
- I've got a nice list of physician run blogs in the Future Proof Blogroll. Here is another list from one of my personal heroes, check out The Other Guys- A Review of Physician Financial Blogs by the White Coat Investor. Big thanks to WCI for including yours truly in the review!
- With the election of President Trump, uncertainty is in the air. There are a lot written about what a Trump presidency may mean for physicians' wallets, including my own piece here. Here are two of my recent finds: 3 Ways a Trump Presidency Could Affect Doctors Financially by Passive Income MD and How Your Taxes May Change in a Trump Administration by Johanna Fox Turner, CPA, CFP.
- If you are in the medical field, you probably noticed there are a lot of pessimism going around these days. A lot of factors help feed this pessimism - the biggest of which seems to be the diminishing financial returns for the level of hard work we put in. It seems that this attitude has even reached those who are still in medical school. Take a gander at My future as a physician looks mediocre at best by a fourth year medical student. Do you agree?
- I like to talk about investing. I also like to read what others say about investing. Here are 15 Lessons Learned from 10 Years of Investing from Mr. Enchumbao. It's a bit of a longer read but there are some very good lessons.
- We all have a general idea of the ongoing student loan crisis in America. But did you know that student loan debt is not dischargeable in bankruptcy? If you did, did you know why? Here is a plea from The Hill contributor Alan Collinge - President-elect Trump: Please drain the student loan swamp.
Contract Diagnostics is the country’s only firm 100% dedicated to Physician Contract Reviews. Their proprietary review process focuses around educating their Physician clients on how to negotiate and ask for things, what specifically to ask for, and an overall view of the ‘deal’. Not a law firm, they provide overall ‘deal’ advice in a much more comprehensive manner than a traditional lawyer would. While their attorneys review every contract, it is presented in a much different way based on your specific situation. Private Practice vs Hospital employed? Hospitalist vs Trauma Surgeon? California vs Florida…they are familiar with all the nuances of each specific situation and would love to help with yours.