[FPMD: Happy Election Day! Remember to vote!]
We live in an amazing world of constant information, sometimes it can get overwhelming. "Future Proof Shares" is a weekly series with the goal of selecting a few interesting pieces of media on money and medicine from around the Interwebs. They may be old or new but will always be new to me. This series is inspired by "The Sunday Best" by my fellow physician money blogger Physician on FIRE (PoF). Enjoy!
- Starting out with a bombshell, ACGME is now proposing longer work hours for interns. Robert Lowes explains in this Medscape news article - Let First-Year Residents Work Longer Shifts, ACGME Proposes.
- Student loan repayment and Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) are popular topics on FPMD. As we near 2017, more are starting to recognize the potential implications of borrowers actually taking advantage of loan forgiveness. Here is an in-depth look from Jason Delisle at the Brookings Institute - The coming Public Service Loan Forgiveness bonanza.
- I do all my investing myself, mostly because I'm interested in it. But I understand that many may consider using a financial professional to achieve the same goals. If you are considering dipping your toes in DIY investing, here is a great how-to guide from the White Coat Investor - How To Be A Do-It-Yourself Investor.
- Here is the age-old question - Can money buy happiness? Like so many other questions the life, the answer is "it depends." Passive Income MD explains in his latest PMD post - How Money Can Buy Happiness.
- Let's face it, money generates a significant amount of stress in our lives, especially if you are a medical student living on student loans or a resident living on a meager salary. The latest AMA Wire newsletter included a nice piece worth sharing - Take these 7 tips to avoid financial stress.
Since 1993, Set For Life Insurance has been a national leader in helping thousands of physicians with their disability insurance needs. They have the largest portfolio of available exclusive discounts in the country. Set for Life also has the largest availability of unisex rates nationwide helping women save significantly. As independent brokers, they shop around and help compare plans to find the most suitable policy at the best available price. Jamie Fleischner, President of Set for Life, is known for her responsive, knowledgeable, and down to earth manner when working with her clients.