We live in an amazing world of constant information, sometimes it can get overwhelming. "Future Proof Shares" is a weekly series with the goal of selecting a few interesting pieces of media on money and medicine from around the Interwebs. They may be old or new but will always be new to me. This series is inspired by "The Sunday Best" by my fellow physician money blogger Physician on FIRE (PoF). Enjoy!
- I've featured Part 1 and Part 2 of Freakonomics' Bad Medicine series in previous shares. Here is the finale to this miniseries - Bad Medicine, Part 3: Death by Diagnosis. I have a feeling I will be listening to these 3 episodes more than once.
- Despite losing one of our own recently, Dr. John Jurica of The Vital Physician Executive reminds us of the great community of physician bloggers we still have. Some are familiar names, others I have yet to visit, all are worthy of your click - My Fascination With Physician-Authored Blogs Part One: Thirty Blogs Worth Visiting.
- Ever thought about going into business with a friend? You may have heard that it's a bad idea. My good friend Passive Income MD begs to differ - here are some Tips For Going Into Business With Friends.
- I've talked about year-end tax planning tips before, here is a more comprehensive review from Johanna Fox Turner, CPA, CFP - My 12-Step Program for Year-End Tax Planning.
- This final one in this week's Shares has become somewhat of a pet peeve of mine. Remember my soapbox moment 38 CFR Part 17.415 - Short for "VA Doesn't Care About Veterans"? This week the VA announced their final decision. Read more at Forbes - Nurse Practitioners Win Direct Access To VA Patients.
Since 1993, Set For Life Insurance has been a national leader in helping thousands of physicians with their disability insurance needs. They have the largest portfolio of available exclusive discounts in the country. Set for Life also has the largest availability of unisex rates nationwide helping women save significantly. As independent brokers, they shop around and help compare plans to find the most suitable policy at the best available price. Jamie Fleischner, President of Set for Life, is known for her responsive, knowledgeable, and down to earth manner when working with her clients.