We live in an amazing world of constant information, sometimes it can get overwhelming. "Future Proof Shares" is a weekly series with the goal of selecting a few interesting pieces of media on money and medicine from around the Interwebs. They may be old or new but will always be new to me. This series is inspired by "The Sunday Best" by my fellow physician money blogger Physician on FIRE (PoF). Enjoy!
- Do you have a side hustle? Or maybe you just don't like the investment options available through your employer's 401k or 403b plan? Consider The Solo 401(k): The Side Hustler’s Bonus Retirement Account, courtesy of Financial Panther.
- Have you heard of "residency placement fever"? Me neither, until I read this very interesting piece by Dr. Francis Deng via Skeptical Scalpel - Breaking residency placement fever. I guess the real question is: should this fever be treated?
- The White Coat Investor is a veteran in the med-finance blogosphere, and when Dr. Dahle speaks on a topic, we all tend to pay attention. We've talked about doctors and cars before and you all already know where I stand on the topic. However, there are two sides to every coin. Enjoy this very entertaining debate - Should You Drive A Nice Car? A Pro/Con.
- Most of us who go into medicine tend to be perfectionists. I know I am. Of course, we should also recognize that by definition, "perfect" is an unachievable state of being. Julie from Choose Better Life explains why we should be more accepting of imperfection in Perfectly Imperfect: The Gifts Of Imperfection.
- One of the best decisions I've made this year has been going all in on passive investing (see I Quit...). I went from checking my portfolio multiple times daily to once a month. It was a liberating experience. But it's always good to flavor every opinion with a healthy dose of skepticism. Consider A Rebuttal of Passive Investing (With Counterpoints) by Son of a Doctor.
Since 1993, Set For Life Insurance has been a national leader in helping thousands of physicians with their disability insurance needs. They have the largest portfolio of available exclusive discounts in the country. Set for Life also has the largest availability of unisex rates nationwide helping women save significantly. As independent brokers, they shop around and help compare plans to find the most suitable policy at the best available price. Jamie Fleischner, President of Set for Life, is known for her responsive, knowledgeable, and down to earth manner when working with her clients.