We live in an amazing world of constant information, sometimes it can get overwhelming. "Future Proof Shares" is a weekly series with the goal of selecting a few interesting pieces of media on money and medicine from around the Interwebs. They may be old or new but will always be new to me. This series is inspired by "The Sunday Best" by my fellow physician money blogger Physician on FIRE (PoF). Enjoy!
- The physician blogosphere lost one of its own recently. Dr. Wise Money has been a frequently feature in these Shares, and I personally feels the gaping hole she's left. Here are several remembrances from her fellow physician bloggers:
- McLarson, MD hosts this moving tribute from multiple contributors at PMD - Thank you, Dr WiseMoney. You will be missed.
- The White Coat Investor dedicates this forum thread to her passing - R.I.P. Amanda Liu aka Debt Free Doc aka Dr. Wise Money.
- Physician on Fire shares some of his own experiences with DWM in The Sunday Worst (and Best 12/4/2016).
- You can also read my own tribute to DWM in Future Proof Docs - Remembering Dr. Wise Money (DWM).
- I've talked a lot about student loans and repayment plans, especially on how to take advantage of them. But I have to say I did not anticipate how big a hole the collective "us" are in. Josh Mitchell explores in this WSJ article - U.S. to Forgive at Least $108 Billion in Student Debt in Coming Year.
- Shameless self plug alert! Yours truly have been recently invited back on the Freedom Formula for Physicians Podcast. Big thanks to host Dave Denniston! Check out the latest episode - Bo Liu- Making It Rain Dollars in Debt Forgiveness.
- Every wonder how 98.6F became the "normal" body temperature? The story may surprise you. Check out the latest from Freakonomics - Bad Medicine, Part 1: The Story of 98.6.
- There has been a wealth of literature on physician burnout recently. This new piece by The Happy Philosopher is my favorite. You'll have to excuse his French, but it's a worthy read - Burnout is Not Bullshit.
Since 1993, Set For Life Insurance has been a national leader in helping thousands of physicians with their disability insurance needs. They have the largest portfolio of available exclusive discounts in the country. Set for Life also has the largest availability of unisex rates nationwide helping women save significantly. As independent brokers, they shop around and help compare plans to find the most suitable policy at the best available price. Jamie Fleischner, President of Set for Life, is known for her responsive, knowledgeable, and down to earth manner when working with her clients.