American Medical Association (AMA) is the nation's largest and oldest professional association for physicians. No matter what you may think about the politics of the AMA, if you went through medical education in the US, there is a good chance that you have been a member at some point in your medical training. Heck, I don't remember ever signing up but somehow I still get a membership card in the mail every year! Turns out there are financial benefits to being a member of the AMA.
- Auto Discounts: deals thru Mercedes-Benz, Hertz Car Sales, PenFed Auto Loans, Hertz Car Rental, Dollar Rent A Car, and Thrifty Car Rental.
- Personal Financial Services: save with Credible Student Loans, PenFed Credit Union, and AMA Insurance Agency.
- Travel Discounts: savings with Hertz Car Rental, Dollar Rent A Car, Thrifty Car Rental and AHI Travel and Cruises.
- Educational Savings: save 30% on Kaplan Medical products and get tips on USMLE® and COMLEX-USA Exams.
- Business Services: discounts for the practicing doc with UPS, Henry Schein Medical, TSYS Merchant Solutions, and TSI.
Editor's comment: Of all of the above, the auto financing deal thru PenFed Credit Union may be the best perk for students and trainees - with rates starting at 0.99% APR. Definitely check it out if you are in the market for a new or used car.