We live in an amazing world of constant information, sometimes it can get overwhelming. "Future Proof Shares" is a weekly series with the goal of selecting a few interesting pieces of media on money and medicine from around the Interwebs. They may be old or new but will always be new to me. This series is inspired by "The Sunday Best" by my fellow physician money blogger Physician on FIRE (PoF). Enjoy!
- Ever wonder why family docs make $200k a year yet are unhappy about their income? Check out this excerpt from Frans de Waal's TED talk Moral behavior in animals.
- I am slowly making my way through all Last Week Tonight with John Oliver episodes, but the hits keep coming. Here he is ripping a new one for the Payday loan industry (~16 min video).
- When are you planning to retire? How about 34?! Yep, check out Mr. Crazy Kick's story "How I Retired at 34."
- Trying to decide whether to go into private practice or become an employed physician? Check out Medscape's "Employed Doctors Report 2016: Who's happier - Employed or Self-employed Doctors?"
- Hospital mergers and acquisitions occur seemingly on a daily basis. In this article, Austin Frakt of the New York Times explores "The Downside of Merging Doctors and Hospitals."