We live in an amazing world of constant information, sometimes it can get overwhelming. "Future Proof Shares" is a weekly series with the goal of selecting a few interesting pieces of media on money and medicine from around the Interwebs. They may be old or new but will always be new to me. This series is inspired by "The Sunday Best" by my fellow physician money blogger Physician on FIRE (PoF). Enjoy!
- Interns and residents - interested in research and publishing? Keep your eyes open for co-authors. Dr. Mahboob Alam explains on the Doximity Blog - When are physicians most likely to meet their co-authors?
- I try not to toot my own horn too often, but I feel very strongly about this important issue. Please check out my recent post 38 CFR Part 17.415 - Short for "VA Doesn't Care About Veterans" and take action. Our veterans deserve better.
- Curious how healthcare providers will differentiate from each other in the future? NPR gives you a peek of what's to come in the healthcare of tomorrow in this 3 min segment To Lure Patients, Pennsylvania Hospital Refunds Unhappy Customers.
- We are all invested in becoming financially independent sooner rather than later. Paula Pant of Afford Anything shares her perspective in The One and Only Step to Financial Independence.
- Med school, internship, residency, fellowship... is all the stress turning you blue? Then you should check out Dr. Jennifer Adaeze Okwerekwu's powerful piece in STAT News - Here’s an idea that shouldn’t be radical: There can be joy in practicing medicine.