We live in an amazing world of constant information, sometimes it can get overwhelming. "Future Proof Shares" is a weekly series with the goal of selecting a few interesting pieces of media on money and medicine from around the Interwebs. They may be old or new but will always be new to me. This series is inspired by "The Sunday Best" by my fellow physician money blogger Physician on FIRE (PoF). Enjoy!
- I love Medscape's annual reports on physician finances and well being. So when they released Residents Salary & Debt Report 2016 on 7/20/2016, I jumped on it right away. I have one question though - who are the 9% of residents that don't get paid time off? Ouch!
- Are you a liar? Wait, don't answer that. Check out Motley Fool Money's latest podcast The Business of Lying for some insights from a behavioral economist and a former mobster turned writer.
- 7/21/2016 marks the day Christmas came in the summer for me. That was the day Physician on Fire (PoF) published his most recent Christopher Guest Post. The guest? None other than Dr. Jim Dahle, the White Coat Investor himself!
- Hot off the press - Verizon Announces $4.8 Billion Deal for Yahoo’s Internet Business. Yahoo was my first exposure to the internet. I remember my very first email was an Yahoo account. This marks the end of an era and a sad moment for me.
- This last selection is a follow-up to my recent post on Theranos. Turns out NPR published a fantastic piece Rise And Fall Of Theranos In A Biotech Cartoon. Pretty much sums up everything I wrote so feel free to skip the entire post and just read this instead. Go ahead, no offense taken.