We live in an amazing world of constant information, sometimes it can get overwhelming. "Future Proof Shares" is a weekly series with the goal of selecting a few interesting pieces of media on money and medicine from around the Interwebs. They may be old or new but will always be new to me. This series is inspired by "The Sunday Best" by my fellow physician money blogger Physician on FIRE (PoF). Enjoy!
- If healthcare policy is your cup of tea, I recommend checking out Dr. Suneel Dhand's post on KevinMD: Somewhere between the extremes: The ideal health system for America.
- We've all heard about the unsustainable cost of higher education in America, especially among private colleges and universities. But did you know that these same schools are also giving increasingly bigger discounts? Jonathan Ping of My Money Blog explains in Private College Tuition Discount Rates to Sticker Price Still Rising.
- From the very man who inspired the Future Proof Shares series, Physician on Fire (PoF) shares his perspective in this poignant post: We Were Promised Death Panels.
- If you are a new medical graduate, chances are good you have more on your plate than coming up with the step-by-step plan to financial freedom. If you've ever said these words "I Just Don't Know Where To Start," I recommend checking out Ninja Piggy's perspective in this post by the same name.
- Here's an interesting question - "Should You Be Able to Sell Your Kidney?" Dr. Arthur Caplan from the NYU Medical Ethics Center explores this controversial topic on Medscape.