We live in an amazing world of constant information, sometimes it can get overwhelming. "Future Proof Shares" is a weekly series with the goal of selecting a few interesting pieces of media on money and medicine from around the Interwebs. They may be old or new but will always be new to me. This series is inspired by "The Sunday Best" by my fellow physician money blogger Physician on FIRE (PoF). Enjoy!
- Did you know it's cheaper to fly cows from Hawaii to the mainland than to ship them on a boat? Yeah, me neither. Check out NPR Planet Money Episode 524: Mr Jones' Act.
- Got a few minutes to optimize your financial life? Here are 45 Smart Financial Moves You Can Make in an Hour or Less, courtesy of Kiplinger's Personal Finance Magazine.
- This most-commented post on Financial Samurai was a new find for me, check out How Much Money Do The Top Income Earners Make? I was surprised to learn that "the top 1% of taxpayers pay 38% of all income taxes yet only have a 20% share of total AGI".
- Student loan repayment is a major concern for new physicians. In fact, the consistently top-read post on Future Proof, MD is Pay as You Earn (PAYE) vs. Revised Pay as You Earn (REPAYE). In her recent guest post on White Coat Investor, my fellow physician money blogger Dr. Wise Money explores several REPAYE Case Studies.
- John Oliver is back! This time he is swinging at the subprime auto-lending industry. Can you see the similarities between the auto-loan industry and the subprime mortgage crisis? More importantly - where did he get a baby!?