We live in an amazing world of constant information, sometimes it can get overwhelming. "Future Proof Shares" is a weekly series with the goal of selecting a few interesting pieces of media on money and medicine from around the Interwebs. They may be old or new but will always be new to me. This series is inspired by "The Sunday Best" by my fellow physician money blogger Physician on FIRE (PoF). Enjoy!
- The 2nd Future Proof Shares feature from InvestingDoc - check out 10 Reasons Not To Buy A House While In Residency.
- A recent study reported that while 81% of people report they handle their finances very well, only 37% could pass a financial literacy test. How do you think you would do? Take the Financial Literacy Quiz. (Courtesy of Mizzou financial aid counselor Cheri Marks)
- Rental property is a common asset held among physicians. But were you planning to retire on them? Passive Income MD shares his thoughts on How Many Rental Properties Do You Need to Retire?
- The Simple Dollar is one of my favorite personal finance blogs. Little did I know that they have been around for 10 years! Congrats to the Simple Dollar team and check out The 10 Core Principles of The Simple Dollar.
- In the honor of the game, check out these 43 interesting facts about Olympic Finances/Costs from RandomHistory.com. Here's one fact that caught my eye - "One researcher notes that the Games work best in authoritarian states, where the government can use public funds however it chooses to make the Olympic project work, without public input."