We live in an amazing world of constant information, sometimes it can get overwhelming. "Future Proof Shares" is a weekly series with the goal of selecting a few interesting pieces of media on money and medicine from around the Interwebs. They may be old or new but will always be new to me. This series is inspired by "The Sunday Best" by my fellow physician money blogger Physician on FIRE (PoF). Enjoy!
- This one goes out to all the students in the audience - ever wonder why those textbooks cost so darn much? Check out this oldie but goodie from NPR Planet Money - Why Textbook Prices Keep Climbing.
- I talked about my reasons for moving to an all-passive index investing strategy in the post I Quit... However, I never considered the following question - Could Index Funds Be Bad? Courtesy of Resident Sensei at Senior Resident.
- Physician on Fire has done it again! This time the blogging anesthesiologist has gotten his propofol soaked hands on the detailed finances of a multimillionaire family of 4. Curious? See Multimillionaire Family Tracks Spending for a Year: They Spent How Much?!?
- Dave Denniston is a friend of the blog and the voice behind the Freedom Formula for Physicians Podcast. Leave it to Dave to pour some cold water on my head just after I got my spanking new Chase Sapphire Reserve card. Check out [Confession] Why Credit Card Rewards Never Work Out The Way You Plan.
- Ok, this is a big one. This isn't an article or a podcast, but it could offer you more benefit in the long run than all of the articles I've ever written! If you haven't already, you need to head over to the White Coat Investor and sign up for the White Coat Investor Forum. Not only does Dr. Dahle offer you a great platform to exchange ideas with other like-minded medical professionals, you can also enter to win The Great Book Giveaway (Part 3).