We live in an amazing world of constant information, sometimes it can get overwhelming. "Future Proof Shares" is a weekly series with the goal of selecting a few interesting pieces of media on money and medicine from around the Interwebs. They may be old or new but will always be new to me. This series is inspired by "The Sunday Best" by my fellow physician money blogger Physician on FIRE (PoF). Enjoy!
- Resident, do you feel like you're working for peanuts? Guest author Dr. Griffin Myers schools us in math in this Doximity blog post - Resident Physicians Might Not Be Underpaid After All. Here’s Why.
- An oldie but goodie, Dan Ariely, a professor of psychology and behavioral economics at Duke University talks about what he learned about why and how we lie. Take a listen to this short NPR interview (~8 mins) - The 'Truth' About Why We Lie, Cheat And Steal.
- I'm not the biggest fan of real estate investing, part of it is from this comparison of long term investment returns, part of it is from seeing all the headaches my mother gets from dealing with bad renters and shady property managers. But Passive Income MD has a very different perspective, check out how he launched his real estate investing career with $5,000.
- Ever heard of Doc-itis? Yep, you should try to avoid it if you ever want to become financially independent. Here are some insights from Smart Money MD. Check out some common expenses incurred by non-financially independent doctors.
- Lots of salary-related posts this week. Who do you think makes more money - A doctor or a teacher? The answer may surprise you. Check out The Deceptive Salary of Doctors by Best Medical Degrees.