We live in an amazing world of constant information, sometimes it can get overwhelming. "Future Proof Shares" is a weekly series with the goal of selecting a few interesting pieces of media on money and medicine from around the Interwebs. They may be old or new but will always be new to me. This series is inspired by "The Sunday Best" by my fellow physician money blogger Physician on FIRE (PoF). Enjoy!
- It's late January, you know that Uncle Sam will come knocking soon. Which means you should at least start collecting all those tax forms. Here are some Dates You Need to Know for the 2017 tax season, courtesy of Betterment.
- Now if you're among the more than 27 million Americans who like to DIY when filing taxes, you might be overwhelmed by the number of options out there. Reviews.com sorts through 21 different tax software products and comes out the other side with 3 recommendations. Check them out at The Best Online Tax Software. Keep in mind this doesn't include the new FREE Credit Karma Tax, stay tuned for the FPMD review.
- Enough about taxes, I want to introduce a new physician writer - Live Free MD. While this is a new find for me personally, it looks like he is already touching many lives given the number of comments on this post - How I Paid off $400,000 Worth of Debt. Yep, you read that right - $400K!!!
- Fear is a funny thing - in the correct amount, it can motivate you to achieve great things. Too much of it, and you may curl up into a ball and get nowhere. White Coat Investor addresses several scenarios where irrational fears prevent you from getting ahead - Using Financial Fear As Motivation.
- Life is full of challenges. Some people choose to rise up and meet those challenges. Others would rather prefer to play the victim - just check out the comments section in this post of mine which got picked up by Doximity DocNews. If you ever start to feel like a "poor doc," Wealth Doc is here to help you put things in perspective - How rich are you?
FPL Capital Management is a Fee-Only independent investment advisor. They offer investors Model and Customized portfolios which are low-cost, passively managed, and globally diversified. Portfolios include funds from companies such as DFA, Vanguard, AQR, PIMCO, WisdomTree, and iShares. Unlike most other advisors, FPL has separated asset/portfolio management from wealth management. Separating these services allows them to serve clients in a cost-effective and a prudent manner. Another unique feature of the firm is that they charge a Flat Fee for advisory services, while most other advisors charge a percentage based on assets under management.