We live in an amazing world of constant information, sometimes it can get overwhelming. "Future Proof Shares" is a weekly series with the goal of selecting 5 interesting pieces of media on money and medicine from around the Interwebs. They may be old or new but will always be new to me. This series is inspired by "The Sunday Best" by my fellow physician money blogger Physician on FIRE (PoF). Enjoy!
- Dr. John Jurica of The Vital Physician Executive has been a dear friend and valued advisor to me. He recently launched the Physician Nonclinical Careers (PNC) Podcast. If you are suffering from burnout or frustration at work, or simply want to take on something more challenging than your clinical responsibilities, be sure to give PNC a listen.
- As a SINK (Single-income, no kids), I don't have a lot of expertise in the financial education of children - which is undoubtedly an important topic of concern for many physicians. Luckily there are many other great physician bloggers out there. This week, Whitney (mini-WCI) discusses the tax rules on Household Employees and the 1040X in her Kids Column feature on the White Coat Investor. Way to go Whitney!
- KevinMD.com is a consistent source of great editorial content for all things physician-related. Here is a great guest post by Charity Williams (a physician's wife) on 10 things a doctor’s spouse wants you to know.
- Busy medical professionals have no trouble understanding the critical importance of time. And most intuitively know that money is a necessity of life. But somehow I still find it difficult to convince my colleagues that they should spend more time thinking about their money. Here is a great exercise by Gundo Money that every one of us can try - The Financial Accounting of Time.
- A lot of us money bloggers are obsessed about financial freedom and early retirement. But I would be the first to admit that I've often neglected my physical health in the pursuit of medical knowledge and financial wealth. Live Free MD discusses how If You Don’t Have Your Health, You Don’t Have Your Freedom.
FPL Capital Management is a Fee-Only independent investment advisor. They offer investors Model and Customized portfolios which are low-cost, passively managed, and globally diversified. Portfolios include funds from companies such as DFA, Vanguard, AQR, PIMCO, WisdomTree, and iShares. Unlike most other advisors, FPL has separated asset/portfolio management from wealth management. Separating these services allows them to serve clients in a cost-effective and a prudent manner. Another unique feature of the firm is that they charge a Flat Fee for advisory services, while most other advisors charge a percentage based on assets under management.