We live in an amazing world of constant information, sometimes it can get overwhelming. "Future Proof Shares" is a weekly series with the goal of selecting 5 interesting pieces of media on money and medicine from around the Interwebs. They may be old or new but will always be new to me. This series is inspired by "The Sunday Best" by my fellow physician money blogger Physician on FIRE (PoF). Enjoy!
- Choosing a specialty is often considered the most important decision in the career of a medical student and arguably, the most difficult one. Barbara Lam (MS-4) shares her tips on how to make the process a little easier - 6 Steps to Choosing a Specialty, from First to Fourth Year.
- Do you have a friend who quit eating gluten just because? Isn't it interesting how gluten got a bad rep, even among people without Celiac disease? Freakonomics explores The Demonization of Gluten.
- The following article is sourced from a blog I discovered recently. I believe many of you will find the story behind Physician Couple familiar. Here is a great introduction to the site dedicated to the two physician/high income household - What’s unique about the two physician/two high-earner couple?
- Most of us go to medical conferences. But did you know there is a conference for finance bloggers? Yep, FinCon 2017 is happening from October 25-28, 2017 in Dallas, TX. I will be attending for the very first time. If you are in town, be sure to stop by and say hi. If not, here is a list of the top finance bloggers you will be missing out on - 60 Top Bloggers to Meet at FinCon Dallas.
- Most of us finance bloggers are obsessed with becoming financially independent. And for those who are physicians, we aspire towards the day when medicine becomes a hobby. Luckily there are plenty of great examples to follow, Passive Income MD became the latest med finance blogger to reach financial independence merely 6 years out of training. Be sure to celebrate with him - I Am Financially Free From Medicine. Congrats PIMD!
Looking for Physician Home Loan Financing? Zero down payment. No PMI insurance. Loan officer Matt Dazey has provided over $1 billion in loans in the last 22 years as Vice-President at Midland States Bank (Established 1881. Federally chartered). Loans available in 49 states (Except MD) for graduating medical students, Residents, Fellows and established Physicians. (MD, DPM and DO). Matt’s team will provide the highest quality of service and individual attention to each client. Available seven days a week at 314-512-8913.