We live in an amazing world of constant information, sometimes it can get overwhelming. "Future Proof Shares" is a weekly series with the goal of selecting 5 interesting pieces of media on money and medicine from around the Interwebs. They may be old or new but will always be new to me. Presenting this week in no particular order:
- As you have undoubtedly heard by now, the senate recently passed their version of the tax reform bill. Tony Nitti of Forbes explains who are the Winners And Losers Of The Senate Tax Bill.
- Have you heard of the phrase "Live Like a Resident"? This simple but profound tip from the White Coat Investor has been repeated countless times as the way for newly minted attending physicians to get a head start on their financial lives. But what about during training? Here's a recent update - How to Live Like a Resident as a Resident.
- A common question that gets asked by many who are starting their journey to financial freedom is "Do I need a financial advisor?" This question has been answered many times by different experts. Here is another perspective from Cole Mayer of Fiscal Tiger - When do You Need a Financial Advisor?
- Have you been mistaken for a "rich doctor"? If you ever felt like doctors of America are under attack for earning a high income, Politico just poured some gasoline on the fire. Check out The problem of doctors’ salaries. You know it can't be good if the word "problem" is in the title...
- Ryan Inman is the proprietor of Physician Wealth Services - a financial planning firm dedicated to physician families. Ryan recently launched his Financial Residency podcast series and I was honored to be invited on as a guest. I hope you will give this episode a listen - How One Resident Saves 60% of Their Income with Future Proof MD. (Full disclosure: Physician Wealth Services is a paying sponsor of FPMD.)
Chad Chubb, CFP ® founded WealthKeel LLC to help physicians navigate the complexities of financial planning. Today, we utilize true financial planning and custom-craft plans for residents and young doctors in the Philadelphia area and across the United States. From investments to insurance and student loans to goal planning, we tailor a plan to address your specific needs and circumstances. We will be by your side, today, tomorrow, and for decades to come to help you plan and build for all of life’s course corrections. Schedule your free introductory call online and see if we are a good fit for you.