We live in an amazing world of constant information, sometimes it can get overwhelming. "Future Proof Shares" is a weekly series with the goal of selecting 5 interesting pieces of media on money and medicine from around the Interwebs. They may be old or new but will always be new to me. This series is inspired by "The Sunday Best" by my fellow physician money blogger Physician on FIRE (PoF). Enjoy!
- In the early 2000s, a savings account that yielded 5% interest wasn't that hard to find. But since the recession, high yield savings accounts seem to have gone the way of the unicorn. Financial Panther shares a couple of ways to get 5% interest on your savings via a Netspend Account or the Insight Card.
- As a medical professional, do you sometimes find yourself questioning the decision to go into medicine? If you feel like you're going uphill both ways, waist deep in snow, dragging a cart full of bowling balls every day, here's an uplifting piece from Dr. Jean Robey via KevinMD - 4 reasons why being a doctor is worth it.
- It wouldn't be tax season without a weekly tax-focused share. InvestingDoc shows you the ropes in How to file your taxes as a Med Student and Resident for free. Who doesn't like FREE?!
- While most of us will never experience the luxury of earning $1 million/year, but there are some who will have zero problems parting with that level of income. Smart Money MD (SMMD) explains in How to Burn Through a $1 Million Salary.
- What kind of feelings do you get when you hear the phrase "wage hike" vs. "wage increase"? Here's an interesting segment from APM Marketplace on economic linguistics - A four-letter word is shaping the debate on minimum wage increases.
Since 1993, Set For Life Insurance has been a national leader in helping thousands of physicians with their disability insurance needs. They have the largest portfolio of available exclusive discounts in the country. Set for Life also has the largest availability of unisex rates nationwide helping women save significantly. As independent brokers, they shop around and help compare plans to find the most suitable policy at the best available price. Jamie Fleischner, President of Set for Life, is known for her responsive, knowledgeable, and down to earth manner when working with her clients.