We live in an amazing world of constant information, sometimes it can get overwhelming. "Future Proof Shares" is a weekly series with the goal of selecting a few interesting pieces of media on money and medicine from around the Interwebs. They may be old or new but will always be new to me. This series is inspired by "The Sunday Best" by my fellow physician money blogger Physician on FIRE (PoF). Enjoy!
- Talk about unforeseen consequences, I doubt this was what President Trump envisioned when he first issued the executive order banning immigrants from 7 predominantly Muslim nations - See Hours After Landing in U.S., Cleveland Clinic Doctor Forced to Leave by Trump’s Order, courtesy of Charles Ornstein via ProPublica.
- A self-serving selection, but a good listen nonetheless. Big thanks to Dr. Nii Darko of Docs Outside the Box (DocsOTB) for inviting me on as a guest in the most recent episode of the DocsOTB podcast - Step outside the box with Future Proof MD.
- Since the new year, taxes have been on my mind. Here is an oldie but goodie from the White Coat Investor archives - Tax Deductions For Medical Professionals.
- We all understand the difference between statistically significant and clinically significant (I hope). Have you applied the same reasoning to your personal finances? Here's an interesting take from the Wall Street Physician - Statistically Significant, Clinically (or Financially) Insignificant.
- For those medical trainees in the audience trying to decide on a future career, there is more than just deciding what specialty to practice in. Have you considered going into administrative medicine? Dr. John Jurica of the Vital Physician Executive provides some food for thought - Does An Executive Salary Stand Up to a Clinical Salary?
Stephanie Arcelay (Sun Trust Mortgage) specializes in serving the mortgage financing needs of licensed medical doctors and dentists. Whether you are a resident in training or a practicing physician, you will find many benefits of the Doctor Loan mortgage, including:
- Fixed or adjustable-rate options.
- Up to 100% financing and no monthly PMI payments.
- Flexible repayment terms to meet your financial need.