We live in an amazing world of constant information, sometimes it can get overwhelming. "Future Proof Shares" is a weekly series with the goal of selecting 5 interesting pieces of media on money and medicine from around the Interwebs. They may be old or new but will always be new to me. This series is inspired by "The Sunday Best" by my fellow physician money blogger Physician on FIRE (PoF). Enjoy!
- Starting off with a bang, the first entry this week is sure to generate some debate. Love it or hate it, you probably have some opinion on this major change in resident duty hour rules - Longer Shifts for First-Year Residents to Start in July.
- This Friday marks the most important day in the short careers of many medical students around the country - CONGRATS!!! The MATCH has been around much longer than Tinder, with much higher risk I might add. But like any online dating app, it's not entirely unbreakable. Medical student Kunal Sindhu shares some insight on how medical students game the residency system.
- On my fellowship interview trails, I've learned to develop an "elevator pitch" to explain who I am and what I'm all about. In retrospect, I wish I had created a personal mission statement before I started traveling. The Productive Physician offers some great tips - Create a Personal Mission Statement for the Life YOU Want.
- I do all of my financial planning myself - mostly because I'm a big nerd and love learning about this stuff. But for others, there is definitely a role for financial planners and advisors. Here are a few Q&As from the good Dr. Dahle on how to Pick The Right Adviser From The Crowd.
- The story dominating domestic news has been the Republican plan to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act termed the American Health Care Act (AHCA). Here is a brief overview of the AHCA by my favorite TV host.
Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation is proud to serve physician and dentist clients in all 50 states, with multiple physician home loan programs to choose from. Whether you are a CRNA, resident, fellow, attending, or self-employed in private practice, we have programs designed for the specific challenges that you may face having to do with limited down payments, student loans, complicated employment terms, etc. Our team at Fairway is dedicated to serving our Core Values.