We live in an amazing world of constant information, sometimes it can get overwhelming. "Future Proof Shares" is a weekly series with the goal of selecting 5 interesting pieces of media on money and medicine from around the Interwebs. They may be old or new but will always be new to me. This series is inspired by "The Sunday Best" by my fellow physician money blogger Physician on FIRE (PoF). Enjoy!
- The 2017 Main Residency Match just happened this past Friday. Here are some Match statistics straight from the NRPM - 2017 NRMP Main Residency Match The Largest Match On Record. Is it just me or is every Match the "largest" on record?
- Continuing the post-MATCH celebration theme. You've matched! Now what? Here is a Post Match Checklist courtesy of Senior Resident.
- No matter how you feel about the AMA, they do have a large reach. Here is the AMA Insurance's 2017 Report on U.S. Resident Physicians’ Financial Preparedness with over 1,500 survey respondents. How do you compare among your peers?
- As someone who has more than a passing interest in finance, I've thought about going after an MBA. I recently stumbled onto this great guest post by an anonymous author on the White Coat Investor and I thought it is definitely worth sharing in case any of your are contemplating the same path - The Path to MD/MBA.
- The final entry this week is less physician specific, but extremely interesting. NPR's Planet Money explores how we value things in Episode 759: What's It Worth To You? Have you ever considered how much exactly you should leave under your kid's pillow for those baby teeth?
Chad Chubb, CFP ® founded WealthKeel LLC to help physicians navigate the complexities of financial planning. Today, WealthKeel utilizes true financial planning and custom-craft plans for residents and young doctors in the Philadelphia area and across the United States. From investments to insurance and student loans to goal planning, they tailor a plan to address your specific needs and circumstances. Schedule your free introduction call and see if they are a good fit for you.