Happy tax day! Or if you are like me, this is the day you've been dreading for a while now. Thanks to your support, FPMD became an income generator in 2016, with resultant negative income tax consequences. But that's really a first world problem to have. Welcome to the 2017 tax day edition of Future Proof Shares.
- Given that it is tax day, let's examine some tax facts in the form of an infographic, courtesy of Wallet Hub. Did you know that 80% of returns are expected to be filed electronically? Who are the other 20% filing by paper?! Seems entirely too high...
- I've written several times on options for paying off your student loans - a scourge that too many of us bear every day. Student Loan Hero offers a comprehensive review of options for physicians in The Ultimate Student Loan Repayment Guide for Doctors.
- Medical trainees understand the pain of using electronic medical records (EMR). In fact, it doesn't matter which company's product you use, there's bound to be complaints aplenty. Physician on Fire shares his frustration with the trees that blind us to the forest - I’m Equal Parts Doctor, Scribe, and Mouse Jockey.
- I shared with you recently Why I Opened an SEP IRA. What I haven't shared with you is the fact that I intend to roll that balance over into a Solo 401k. In fact, I had planned on writing a how-to. As it turns out, the good lawyer Financial Panther did a much better job at that than I would have - Fidelity Solo 401k: A Step By Step Guide To Setting Up Your Self-Employed Retirement Plan.
- For most of us who plan to get out from under the mountain of student loan debt, there is no shortage of frugality tips - what can I cut? What can I do without? This is why I find the following post by Hope+Cents refreshing - 3 Things NOT To Sacrifice When Paying Off Debt. I couldn't agree more.
Chad Chubb, CFP founded WealthKeel LLC to help physicians navigate the complexities of financial planning. Today, WealthKeel utilizes true financial planning and custom-craft plans for residents and young doctors in the Philadelphia area and across the United States. From investments to insurance and student loans to goal planning, they tailor a plan to address your specific needs and circumstances. Schedule your free introduction call and see if they are a good fit for you.