We live in an amazing world of constant information, sometimes it can get overwhelming. "Future Proof Shares" is a weekly series with the goal of selecting 5 interesting pieces of media on money and medicine from around the Interwebs. They may be old or new but will always be new to me. This series is inspired by "The Sunday Best" by my fellow physician money blogger Physician on FIRE (PoF). Enjoy!
- A lot of us are concerned about becoming rich. But "rich" is a very subjective term. Ever meet the person who seems to have everything but feels like he has nothing? The White Coat Investor shares some perspective in 10 Ways To Feel Rich.
- Physician on Fire has been a dear friend and comrade in my blogging journey. Recently, the good doctor marked a milestone in his journey towards financial independence. Head over to So Long, Full Time Employment! Hello, part time position and congratulate him on the transition.
- As someone who writes about money, I'm always interested in what other money bloggers think and do. Here are some tips from popular money bloggers compiled by Benjamin Davis of From Cents to Retirement - Early Retirement Roundup with 8 Top Bloggers. This is a long read (over 6500 words) so be sure to allot yourself some time.
- While many 4th year medical students are excitedly preparing for transition into residency, many residents and fellows are similarly preparing for transition into their first attending physician jobs. Here are some great advice from the Harvard Business Review - How to Evaluate, Accept, Reject, or Negotiate a Job Offer.
- Following the same theme, there are bound to be some financial jitters for graduating residents/fellows going from making $50-60k to over $200k in under 1 year. Some Random Guy Online (SRGO) shares some New Attending Physician Baby Steps to help you ease those jitters.
Since 1993, Set For Life Insurance has been a national leader in helping thousands of physicians with their disability insurance needs. They have the largest portfolio of available exclusive discounts in the country. Set for Life also has the largest availability of unisex rates nationwide helping women save significantly. As independent brokers, they shop around and help compare plans to find the most suitable policy at the best available price. Jamie Fleischner, President of Set for Life, is known for her responsive, knowledgeable, and down to earth manner when working with her clients.