We live in an amazing world of constant information, sometimes it can get overwhelming. "Future Proof Shares" is a weekly series with the goal of selecting 5 interesting pieces of media on money and medicine from around the Interwebs. They may be old or new but will always be new to me. This series is inspired by "The Sunday Best" by my fellow physician money blogger Physician on FIRE (PoF). Enjoy!
- Nearly 10 years ago, Warren Buffett and Ted Seides of Protege Partners embarked on what is perhaps the greatest investing experiment of our time - a $1 million bet on whether passive index funds will beat out active management. The bet ends this year but for all intents and purposes, it's already over. Hear it from the man himself - Why I Lost My Bet With Warren Buffett by Ted Seides.
- Former Wall Street trader turned doctor turned blogger Wall Street Physician brings his expertise to the table for those of you interested in learning more about investing. Head over to this White Coat Investor guest post and get educated - Technical Analysis: How To Interpret Randomness.
- Every year, Match Day brings joy to tens of thousands of medical students who will continue their medical education in an accredited residency program. However, a few will not be able to partake in the Match Day celebrations - the unmatched. This past week, my home state of Missouri took a historic step towards addressing the plague of physician shortage. Check out Missouri expands first-in-nation law to target doctor dearth courtesy of STAT News.
- One of the common reactions I get from colleagues when we breach the topic of investing is "definitely not now..." The idea is that the stock market has reached an unjustifiable high and must come down at some point in the near future. Well I'm going to let Mama Fish Saves do the talking - Why You Should Invest, Even in Peak Markets.
- It's been awhile, but John Oliver is back! There is something about this man - he is just so good at tackling issues that involve medicine and money. Who's the victim this time? Check out the video below to find out.
Since 1993, Set For Life Insurance has been a national leader in helping thousands of physicians with their disability insurance needs. They have the largest portfolio of available exclusive discounts in the country. Set for Life also has the largest availability of unisex rates nationwide helping women save significantly. As independent brokers, they shop around and help compare plans to find the most suitable policy at the best available price. Jamie Fleischner, President of Set for Life, is known for her responsive, knowledgeable, and down to earth manner when working with her clients.