We live in an amazing world of constant information, sometimes it can get overwhelming. "Future Proof Shares" is a weekly series with the goal of selecting 5 interesting pieces of media on money and medicine from around the Interwebs. They may be old or new but will always be new to me. This series is inspired by "The Sunday Best" by my fellow physician money blogger Physician on FIRE (PoF). Enjoy!
- If you thought these hilarious tweets were the only reminders of the Republicans' ill-fated attempt to repeal Obamacare, you are in for a treat. Last week, the house passed the new-and-improved American HealthCare Act (AHCA) along party lines. Here are 5 Things to Know About AHCA, the New House Republican Health Care Bill That Just Passed.
- In my last net worth update, I asked for ideas on investing the extra cash I have lying around. Thanks to you, I've got some great options I've been reading up on. But I'm not selfish, so here are a few articles you may find helpful in case you are also looking for a tax-sheltered way to invest extra cash.
- Thank you for being a loyal FPMD reader. Do you want to do a little more than reading? Great news, Doximity is now accepting fellowship applications for 2017-2018. You better hurry though - application deadline is May 19, 2017. Apply Here.
- "Do you want to be rich?" Honestly who would say no to that question?! But do you know the difference between being "rich" and being "wealthy"? Passive Income MD sheds some light on the matter - The Difference Between Being Rich vs. Wealthy.
- I've talked about insurance on FPMD plenty of times. But I just realized that I may have rushed by the most important basic consideration when it comes to insurance. Live Free MD explains why you should start your insurance purchase by understanding this very important concept - Insurance: Know What You Need (And What You Don’t).
Chad Chubb, CFP ® founded WealthKeel LLC to help physicians navigate the complexities of financial planning. Today, WealthKeel utilizes true financial planning and custom-craft plans for residents and young doctors in the Philadelphia area and across the United States. From investments to insurance and student loans to goal planning, they tailor a plan to address your specific needs and circumstances. Schedule your free introduction call and see if they are a good fit for you.