We live in an amazing world of constant information, sometimes it can get overwhelming. "Future Proof Shares" is a weekly series with the goal of selecting 5 interesting pieces of media on money and medicine from around the Interwebs. They may be old or new but will always be new to me. This series is inspired by "The Sunday Best" by my fellow physician money blogger Physician on FIRE (PoF). Enjoy!
- Truth be told, I had always planned for a career in academic medicine because what good is knowledge if you don't share it?! Dads Dollars Debts explains why he believes Being in private practice makes me a better doctor. What do you think?
- Let's talk business news for a second, Amazon dropped a bomb on the grocery industry late last week. Did you see this coming? I sure didn't. The guys behind Motley Fool Money digs into it, the title says it all - Amazon Upends the Grocery Industry.
- I have been enjoying Dr. Walter Nguyen's work for some time now. As the sensei behind Senior Resident, he has shared a lot of great content and advice. This past week, he was the honored guest on Physician on Fire (PoF)'s Christopher Guest Post series. It's a massive feature but I'm sure you will enjoy get to know the sensei a little better. Check out Christopher Guest Post: Senior Resident.
- It seems every week there is a new med finance blog popping up. However, not too many are run by female physicians. So I'm excited to introduce the following two to FPMD readers. Dr. Bonnie Koo of MissBonnieMD.com teams up with Dr. Carrie Reynolds of Hippocratic Hustle and bring you the Friends Talk Finance podcast. Check out their first joint adventure on Student Loan Refinancing.
- What's the #1 modifiable risk factor for cardiovascular disease? Did you say stress? It seems the pressure of a career in medicine is starting to wreck havoc earlier and earlier. Check out the following guest post on #LifeofaMedStudent - The Reality of having a Mental Health Issue as a Medical Student. Luckily some in the community are taking notice. The ACLS Certification Institute is now offering a Medical School Scholarship to help students battle mental illness and improve wellbeing. [I have no financial relationship with ACLS Certification Institute].
Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation is proud to serve physician and dentist clients in all 50 states, with multiple physician home loan programs to choose from. Whether you are a CRNA, resident, fellow, attending, or self-employed in private practice, we have programs designed for the specific challenges that you may face having to do with limited down payments, student loans, complicated employment terms, etc. Our team at Fairway is dedicated to serving our Core Values.