We live in an amazing world of constant information, sometimes it can get overwhelming. "Future Proof Shares" is a weekly series with the goal of selecting 5 interesting pieces of media on money and medicine from around the Interwebs. They may be old or new but will always be new to me. This series is inspired by "The Sunday Best" by my fellow physician money blogger Physician on FIRE (PoF). Enjoy!
- With each passing day, the Republican plan to replace the Affordable Care Act looks more inevitable. As you may have heard, not even all Republicans are in favor of their own bill. Dr. Matthew Hahn shares his thoughts via this guest post on KevinMD - What the Better Care Reconciliation Act says about America.
- I don't talk about social security much on FPMD. For simple reasons: 1) Who knows whether it will be around by the time I retire and 2) The whole point of all my financial acrobatics is to make social security income unnecessary. That said, it's probably smart to know a little about the system even if you aren't planning on taking advantage of it. Physician on Fire shares some great tips in Social Security and Early Retirement: Know Your Bend Points!
- Dave Denniston's Freedom Formula for Physicians podcast is a must listen for physicians who desire financial freedom. The monthly series "fireside chat" introduces a physician for you to get to know their journey, joys and struggles. Today I want to highlight a recent episode with Dr. Heidi Moawad of Non Clinical Doctors - Careers Beyond Clinical Medicine.
- Summer is peak-season for medical student away rotations. Unfortunately they also happen to be very expensive. For example, my 1 month away rotation at University of WA cost me well over $2,000 when all was said and done. Unlike me, you have the Wall Street Physician. Here are Ten Tips To Save Money On Medical Student Away Rotations.
- It's been quite some time since I watched a Ted Talk ("Darn You! ABR Core Exam!!!"). But I'm now trying to play catch-up. This is an older talk but a new find for me, I found the following talk by Dr. Lissa Rankin very educational. Do you know the The #1 Public Health Issue Doctors Aren't Talking About?
Tom Callahan (SunTrust Mortgage) specializes in serving the mortgage financing needs of licensed medical doctors and dentists. Key benefits of the SunTrust doctor loan includes:
- 100% financing for loans up to $750,000
- 95% financing for loans up to $1 Million
- 90% financing for loans up to $1.5 Million
- No Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI)
Contact team Callahan and see if a SunTrust doctor loan is right for you.