We live in an amazing world of constant information, sometimes it can get overwhelming. "Future Proof Shares" is a weekly series with the goal of selecting 5 interesting pieces of media on money and medicine from around the Interwebs. They may be old or new but will always be new to me. This series is inspired by "The Sunday Best" by my fellow physician money blogger Physician on FIRE (PoF). Enjoy!
- As I near the end of residency, the light at the end of the tunnel gets brighter every day. Sure I still have to do a year of Interventional Radiology fellowship, but that first attending job seems within reach. #LIFEOFAMEDSTUDENT shares his experience as a new anesthesiologist 10 days into his very first job. Take a gander - Life as an Attending: First impressions!
- My good friend and fellow physician money blogger Passive Income MD (PIMD) recently celebrated his 1 year blogoversary. Congrats to a great year past and to many more to come! Be sure to celebrate with him - We’re One Year Old!
- I don't talk about kids often on FPMD because I don't have any. But they sure can put a dent in your early retirement plans. Here is a great guest post hosted by Physician on FIRE written by the Vagabond MD - Kids are Dynamite for Your Early Retirement Plans.
- There are an alphabet soup of tax-efficient investment vehicles out there. For residents and fellows, I highly recommend the Roth IRA. But as you get more income streams, here is another great option worth considering. Miss Bonnie MD highlights The Solo 401(k).
- There are some fantastic physician Youtubers out there, a recent favorite of mine is Sarel Gaur MD - a newly minted Interventional Radiologist. In fact, I've actually met Sarel during my fellowship interview trail but that was before I discovered his media empire. A couple of weeks ago, I went on camera for a short interview with Sarel. It was during a moonlighting shift so I sure looked a mess, but I thought it was something worth sharing if you can look past my disheveled appearance. Check out Miami Vascular, Ferraris, and $$$: My Interview with Future Proof MD.
Chad Chubb, CFP ® founded WealthKeel LLC to help physicians navigate the complexities of financial planning. Today, we utilize true financial planning and custom-craft plans for residents and young doctors in the Philadelphia area and across the United States. From investments to insurance and student loans to goal planning, we tailor a plan to address your specific needs and circumstances. We will be by your side, today, tomorrow, and for decades to come to help you plan and build for all of life’s course corrections. Schedule your free introductory call online and see if we are a good fit for you.