We live in an amazing world of constant information, sometimes it can get overwhelming. "Future Proof Shares" is a weekly series with the goal of selecting 5 interesting pieces of media on money and medicine from around the Interwebs. They may be old or new but will always be new to me. This series is inspired by "The Sunday Best" by my fellow physician money blogger Physician on FIRE (PoF). Enjoy!
- My fellow physician money blogger InvestingDoc has recently been on hiatus. I for one am really glad that he's back posting up great articles on the regular. Want to know what life as a new attending is like? Be sure to check out InvestingDoc's One Year Post Residency Financial Update.
- I don't necessarily agree with the following article. Because I don't know that many people who think physicians are overpaid. But the approach taken by Dr. Patrick Connolly was intriguing enough that I thought it is worth sharing. Dr. Connolly shares his thoughts on physician income via this KevinMD guest post - Think doctors make too much money? Think again.
- Predicting the future is tough business, but we're not the type to shy away from something just because it's hard. The Medical Futurist predicts the The Top Medical Specialties with the Biggest Potential in the Future. I know I was glad to see Radiology listed at #3. What are your thoughts?
- I've always thought that the White Coat Investor was the original medical finance blogger, it turns out that just happens to be another mistaken thought in my reservoir of alternative facts. Wealthy Doc has been blogging about money for doctors since before I was accepted to medical school. Check out his insightful guest post on Physician on Fire - Pay Yourself First? No, Pay Yourself Last.
- LeverageRx has been a relative newcomer in the world of physician financial service companies, but they have been shaking things up by injecting some much needed transparency in a world full of information paywalls. Take a look at the following report and you will see why I'm a big fan - 2017 Report on Long Term Disability Insurance for Doctors.
Tom Callahan (SunTrust Mortgage) specializes in serving the mortgage financing needs of licensed medical doctors and dentists. Key benefits of the SunTrust doctor loan includes:
- 100% financing for loans up to $750,000
- 95% financing for loans up to $1 Million
- 90% financing for loans up to $1.5 Million
- No Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI)
Reach out to Team Callahan for more information and see if a physician home loan is right for you.