We live in an amazing world of constant information, sometimes it can get overwhelming. "Future Proof Shares" is a weekly series with the goal of selecting 5 interesting pieces of media on money and medicine from around the Interwebs. They may be old or new but will always be new to me. This series is inspired by "The Sunday Best" by my fellow physician money blogger Physician on FIRE (PoF). Enjoy!
- I love numbers, especially numbers having to do with physician salaries. Medscape just dropped a big one - the 2017 Residents Salary and Debt Report. Be sure to check it out!
- As times change, so must we. The same goes for medical schools. Have you ever fallen asleep during a mind-numbing lecture? Turn out you aren't the only one. Check out how some medical schools preparing to embrace a lecture-free future - Medical school without the ‘sage on a stage’ via the Washington Post.
- Now in my final year of radiology residency, I look back at my short medical career and awe at the amount of knowledge I've acquired in 4 seemingly short years. Yet the moments that are most memorable also happen to be the most traumatic. Dr. Amy Faith Ho said it best in the following article - Residency Is a Series of Traumatic Firsts. We Can Make Them Positive.
- I'm a big fan of MYOF - Manage Your Own Finances. But the reality is that as busy medical professionals, sometimes you just want to find someone you can trust to do it for you. The million dollar question is "How?" Dr. Carrie Reynolds of Hippocratic Hustle and Dr. Bonnie Koo of Miss Bonnie MD shares some tips in their latest podcast episode - Friends Talk Finance: How to Choose a Financial Advisor.
- Medical school is expensive, and getting more so every year. If you are an incoming medical student or if you just started medical school, be sure to check out the latest post from InvestingDoc - How To Find Scholarships For Medical School.
FPL Capital Management is a Fee-Only independent investment advisor. They offer investors Model and Customized portfolios which are low-cost, passively managed, and globally diversified. Portfolios include funds from companies such as DFA, Vanguard, AQR, PIMCO, WisdomTree, and iShares. Unlike most other advisors, FPL has separated asset/portfolio management from wealth management. Separating these services allows them to serve clients in a cost-effective and a prudent manner. Another unique feature of the firm is that they charge a Flat Fee for advisory services, while most other advisors charge a percentage based on assets under management.