After 2 weeks of Hurricane filled roundups, I'm sure you are all glad to return to the norm. "Future Proof Shares" is a weekly series with the goal of selecting 5 interesting pieces of media on money and medicine from around the Interwebs. They may be old or new but will always be new to me. This series is inspired by "The Sunday Best" by my fellow physician money blogger Physician on FIRE (PoF). Enjoy!
- The first entry this week comes from the venerable Physician on Fire himself. By now you probably figured out both he and I are passive index investors. But let's face, that's boring! PoF explains why he decided to spice things up a bit in Why This Index Fund Investor Purchased an Individual Stock.
- What makes for a long, happy career in medicine? As a medical trainee myself, that's definitely a question I would like to answer over the next few years of my career. Passive Income MD shares some valuable tips in For a Long Happy Career, Make Medicine a Hobby. PIMD went on further to explore this in a recent Kevin MD guest post - For a long, happy career, be more than just a doctor. Both are worthy of a few minutes of your time.
- I've discussed productivity measurements in medicine briefly before. See Contracts 101 - Understanding Relative Value Units (RVUs). But with every system, there are shortfalls. InvestingDoc highlights A Caution For Doctors Entering Into A RVU Based Contract.
- I've talked a lot about credit on FPMD. But the assumption has always been you have the similar quality of credit as me, which is to say "very good." What if you had made a few financial missteps before? What if you have bad credit? US News & World Report shares some key pointers in Best Credit Cards for Bad Credit of 2017.
- What does Mike Tyson have to do with asset allocation? Did I get your attention? Yeah I never thought those two terms would appear in the same sentence either. The Wall Street Physician explains - Everybody Has A Plan Until They Get Punched In The Mouth: Mike Tyson And Asset Allocation. What role does bonds play in your portfolio?
Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation is proud to serve physician and dentist clients in all 50 states, with multiple physician home loan programs to choose from. Whether you are a CRNA, resident, fellow, attending, or self-employed in private practice, we have programs designed for the specific challenges that you may face having to do with limited down payments, student loans, complicated employment terms, etc. Our team at Fairway is dedicated to serving our Core Values.