Happy New Year!!! Welcome to the first edition of the Future Proof Shares for 2018. The biggest financial news last week, and possibly the entire 2017, has to be the passage of the new Republican tax bill. And it is a BIG deal. I've tried to explain its implications for medical trainees. But what if you're an attending physician? Here are some articles worth reading:
- Tax Reform! How Physicians and the Self-Employed are Affected by Physician on Fire.
- The Effects of Tax Law Reform on Physicians and Other High Income Individuals by The Happy Philosopher.
- Calculating The New Tax Plan Results - by Dr. Cory S. Fawcett.
- How the New Tax Plan Affects the High-Income Physician by Passive Income MD.
- What Doctors Need To Know About the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) by The White Coat Investor.
There has been an increase in the number of great podcasts intended for physicians. Dr. David Draghinas' Doctors Unbound has been an amazing find. I'm so proud to be his first guest for 2018! Please support both Doctors Unbound and FPMD by checking out the latest episode - Are You a Future Proof MD?
Since 1993, Set For Life Insurance has been a national leader in helping thousands of physicians with their disability insurance needs. They have the largest portfolio of available exclusive discounts in the country. Set for Life also has the largest availability of unisex rates nationwide helping women save significantly. As independent brokers, they shop around and help compare plans to find the most suitable policy at the best available price. Jamie Fleischner, President of Set for Life, is known for her responsive, knowledgeable, and down to earth manner when working with her clients.